Out Of The Mouths Of Wives
We recently moved our retirement account from an online brokerage firm to a company with local advisors. I guess we figured we needed a bit more guidance than, well…none.
Since hooking up with this new company, though—and through no fault of our advisor’s, by the way—the market has taken a precipitous drop. Our balances have done likewise.
So today, we ran in to our investment advisor and his wife at the post office.
“Hey, it’s you,” I said, in as light a tone as I could manage. Even If I am somewhat disenchanted with our fledgling relationship, I wouldn’t want him to think I was about to go postal on him. “What a coincidence. We were just talking about our money…”
I thought maybe he’d spout a bit of timeworn advice like “This looks like a great buying opportunity…” or maybe “We’re going to need to keep a long-term perspective.”
But no, his lips were sealed. Instead his wife spoke up with the most funny money line I’ve heard in a long time.
“Hope you’ve got a lot of it!”
Posted by Katy
on 01/16/08 at 04:49 PM
- And gold has gone up up up!
Posted by Suzan on 01/16/08 at 05:21 PM
- Let me just say that I am a huge fan of real money--in other words, gold and silver. Paper money isn't the devil. It's just that it was meant to be backed by the gold standard--actual physical gold reserves held in the financial institutions. Those were the days, eh?
Posted by Katy on 01/16/08 at 05:43 PM
- I worry about my retirement fund since our Gov. Schawzenneger loves to dip into it to help balance? California's budget. Really Scary politics!!!!
Posted by Maria on 01/24/08 at 03:29 AM
- Investment advisor whose pay is based a commission based on how well your portfolio does?Is there such a thing??I am new to investing and have a large sum of money to invest so I don't know how to find the best advisor/broker.
Posted by Caribbean Investment Property on 11/09/10 at 12:34 AM
- Investment comes with the risk of the loss of the principal sum. The investment that has not been thoroughly analyzed can be highly risky with respect to the investment owner because the possibility of losing money is not within the owner's control.
Posted by Best Stocks To Buy Now on 02/11/11 at 08:49 PM
- Most equity funds do not exceed the return of their corresponding benchmark indices which is why Indexing has a place for many investors. As funds grow in size their performance tends to be diluted as assets grow.
Posted by Compare Junior ISAs on 07/09/11 at 03:01 AM
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.
<< Back to main